Melissa Schlag is running for re-election for First Selectman of Haddam, Connecticut.
Cut Budget-Two Years in a Row
Using open budget practices and eliminating wasteful expenditures, I reduced the operational budget by over $600,000 while fully funding all needed town services.
Procured Grants from the State
By aggressively pursuing grants, I brought nearly $800,000 back to Haddam, saving us from added expenses; and initiated the fight to obtain our fair share of the ECS formula resulting in an additional $100,000 for Haddam.
Improved Town Services
I have worked hard to make our town government open and accountable.
I am implementing modern technology and expanded services for residents and businesses while still reducing the budget:
- Increased hours at town hall
- Enhanced phone system
- Performed energy audits
- Installed Nutmeg Network high speed internet and expanded Wi-Fi at town buildings
- Hired Haddam’s first financial director
- Expanded web access to important documents
- Added revenue-generating recycling opportunities at the transfer station
- Cross-trained staff to make our service more efficient for residents and businesses
Paid for by Schlag for Haddam, Kathleen Sullivan, Treasurer. Approved by Melissa Schlag.